- Parents' Evening Dates
- Prospective Parents Information
- School Prospectus
- Starting in Year 7
- Parent Forum
- Parent Opportunities
- Free School Meals
- Helping Your Daughter to Learn
- Trips, Visits and Residentials
- Keeping Safe On-Line
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Concerns and complaints
- Helping your Child with her GCSE Examinations
- Progress Reports
- Assessment for Learning
- Sex and Relationships Education (SRE)
- Safeguarding of Students
- Drugs Education
At EGA we are committed to ensuring there is an ethos where every member of the school community is empowered to do their best regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, belief or socio-economic group.
Discrimination, in any form, is not tolerated.
We have in place a Single Equalities Policy. We build our supportive ethos through our tutor time programme (where mutual respect is developed), lessons and whole school events. The progress and successes of all students are celebrated.
All our policies are regularly reviewed and assessed by their impact on all members of the school community.
What do we do if an incidence of harassment/discrimination is reported?
We encourage all members of the school community to report incidents of harassment of any type. The message to students is tell someone you trust. We will deal with harassment in any of the following ways:
- Restorative meetings between everyone involved
- Educational activities to develop understanding and tolerance
- Action under the School Behaviour Policy or Disciplinary Policy
- Involvement of our Safer Schools’ Officer
- Exclusion from school
Advice for anyone concerned about discrimination:
- Tell someone in school who you trust
- For students this is likely to be your daughter’s Form Tutor, Head of Year or a member of the Leadership team